Free Standard Shipping & Returns in the US

Mission

I believe in the power of jewelry. It is wearable sculpture that illustrates the life of the material, the maker, and the wearer, and I hope to be a part of your incredible story. I'm here to make you feel confident in mindfully made jewelry that you bring to life through your spirit and personal style. 

I'm on a journey to bring to you a collection that is rooted in my design philosophy:

 
Jewelry can be equally beautiful as it is responsible!

Designed and made in St. Louis, MO  +  Recycled Metals  +  Ethical Gemstones


HANDCRAFTING PROCESS


• Each piece is made by hand using traditional hand fabrication methods. Hand tools like hammers, saws, files, stone setting tools and soldering techniques are used with care (and lots of love) for each individual style.

• When jewelry is handmade, in small amounts with metals that are locally sourced, it reduces the carbon imprint that massive international import and export and mining leaves on the earth. 
 
• In house, made to order production, eliminates the pollution that often comes from high volume and machine made jewelry.

• Selecting a piece from Sara Patino Jewelry increases the demand for artisan handcraft job opportunities within my studio. 

RECYCLED METAL

• My current jewelry collection is made by hand with 100% recycled gold, silver or brass. Most of it, about 90% of it, I source locally.  The other 10% is sourced within the United States. By choosing to access metal locally, I support our local community.

• All recycled metals I source are Responsible Source Certified by SCS Global Services.

• By using recycled metals, I give old metal a second life. Since I do not seek mined gold, I avoid contributing to disrupting the earth's natural resources.

• In addition to sourcing recycled metals, I meticulously collect, reuse and recycle my own scrap metal and other unused materials. In turn, I minimize the environmental impact of our production.

• My designs use traditional metal smithing techniques, each made one by one to avoid the excessive waste associated with most mass moulding and plating production.

ETHICAL GEMSTONES


• I have relationships with the most trusted and honorable vendors in the industry. They are able to present a clear and documentable path from the mine to market.

• My current gemstone supplier is certified by the Responsible Jewellery Council. This certification ensures that their business practices are up to date with social and environmental guidelines set by the  17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.

• The suppliers I purchase from are able to periodically visit the cutting factories that shape rough stones into my faceted gems and cabochons. They provide documentation and proof that ensures these best practices:
      • No child labor.
      • Adequate ventilation.
      • Available health care.
      • Reasonable work hours.
      • Fair wages.
      • Allowance for time off and reasonable vacation.
      • Compliance with local labor and pollution laws.

QUALITY

• Each piece is designed to be created one at a time, and inspected for quality before it leaves the studio.

• Gold filled pieces are at least 10x thicker than plated, and have a much longer life span than plated jewelry.

DESIGN

• You deserve pieces that are timeless, with graceful shapes you can adore forever.

• Designed to feel and look comfortable. It feels good to come back to jewelry you can wear with nearly everything in your closet.

• Each design starts with a theme. It can be empowerment, or just feeling a positive energy. This ignites the design, but you bring it to life with your style, spirit and confidence.