Mission

I believe in the power of jewelry. It is wearable sculpture that illustrates the life of the material, the maker, and the wearer, and I hope to be a part of your incredible story. I'm here to make you feel confident in mindfully made jewelry that you bring to life through your spirit and personal style. 

I'm on a journey to bring to you a collection that is rooted in my design philosophy:

 
Jewelry can be equally beautiful as it is responsible!

Designed and made in St. Louis, MO  +  Recycled Metals  +  Ethically Sourced Gemstones

ABOUT MY HANDCRAFTING PROCESS

• When jewelry is handmade, in small amounts with metals that are locally sourced, it reduces the carbon imprint that massive international import and export and mining leaves on the earth.
• In house, made to order production, eliminates the pollution that often comes from high volume and machine made jewelry.
• Selecting a piece from Sara Patino Jewelry increases the demand for artisan handcraft job opportunities within my studio. 

ABOUT MY RECYCLED METAL

• All of my jewelry is made by hand with 100% recycled gold or silver. Most of it, about 90% of it, I source from a local refinery near my studio.  The other 10% is sourced within the United States. The local refinery, established in 1909, keeps the highest environmental standards and resources. By choosing to access metal locally, I support our local community.

• In addition to sourcing recycled metals, I meticulously collect, reuse and recycle my own scrap metal and other unused materials. In turn, I minimize the environmental impact of our production.

• My designs use traditional metal smithing techniques, each made one by one to avoid the excessive waste associated with most mass moulding and plating production.

ABOUT MY ETHICALLY SOURCED GEMSTONES

• I have relationships with the most trusted and honorable vendors in the industry. They are able to present a clear and documentable path from the mine to market.

• I ensure that the vendors I purchase from are able to periodically visit the cutting factories that shape rough stones into my faceted gems and cabochons. They are able to provide documentation and proof that ensures these best practices:
  • No child labor.
  • Adequate ventilation.
  • Available health care.
  • Reasonable work hours.
  • Fair wages.
  • Allowance for time off and reasonable vacation.
  • Compliance with local labor and pollution laws.